- Spring workshop in Senec – Pension BAT – 20 to 22 May 2016
Tirnavia organized a spring workshop focused on rehearsing the programme for the closing concert of Trnava Musical Spring, “Mass and Requiem“.
- Concert – Closing concert of Trnava Musical Spring – “Mass and Requiem“– St. Nicholas Basilica, Trnava – 12 June 2016
In cooperation with Bach society, Tirnavia performed at the closing concert of Trnava Musical Spring “Mass and Requiem“ at which it premiered Gloria by Vladislav “Slnko” Šarišský, it performed the composition by Ján Levoslav Bella Requiem c mol and, finally, the composition Solemn Mass by Louis Vierne. David Di Fiore and Zuzana Zahradníková accompanied the choir on organs.
- Concert – “Rádio Devín na cestách“ – Ján Koniarek Gallery in Trnava – Synagogue – Centre of Contemporary Art – 18 September 2016
Tirnavia performed a 30-minute programme at a public recording of a concert within the project of Radio Devín called “Rádio Devín na cestách“ (Radio Devin on the Road). The programme of this concert focused mainly on compositions by Slovak authors. The concert was devised as a hosted musical and literary programme presenting the musical and literary genres that dominate in the Radio Devín’s broadcasting. It was an ambition of Rádio Devín to present artists, ensembles and group form the given region.
- Autumn workshop in Senec – Penzión BAT – 14 to 16 October 2016
Tirnavia organized an autumn workshop focused on rehearsing a concert included in the Student Festival of Contemporary Music ORFEUS 2016 organized in cooperation with the Academy of Performing Arts in Bratislava.
- Concert – 17 th edition of the Student Festival of Contemporary Music ORFEUS 2016 – Concert Hall Dvorana – 24 October 2016
Tirnavia performed at the opening concert of the 17 th edition of the Student Festival of Contemporary Music ORFEUS where the choir premiered compositions by contemporary young Slovak composers (Škutová, Novosedlíková, Pristáš, Sloboda, Hvozdík, Javorka, Šarišský, Bernáth).
- Concert – Tribute to Zdenko Mikula on the occasion of the 100 th anniversary of Zdenko Mikula’s birth – Aula of Professor Adamka Faculty of Materials Science and Technology in Trnava – 20 November 2016
The choirs of the town of Trnava, Tirnavia included, presented a 15-minute programme dedicated to the artistic creation of Zdenko Mikula on the occasion of the 100 th anniversary of his birth. Tirnavia studied three new compositions by Zdenko Mikula which were added to the choir’s repertoire – Akože nežiť, Ej, keď ja len pôjdem, Go down, Moses.
- Performance “Angel Christmas market“ – City Arena Trnava – 3 December 2016
During the opening of the “Angel Christmas market” the choir performed a 30-minute programme in front of the shopping centre City Arena Trnava in which Slovak and foreign Christmas songs and carols could be heard.
- Christmas concert Moravské Lieskové – Christmas market in Lieskovské – 17 December 2016
Tirnavia presented and hour-long Christmas programme at the Christmas market in Lieskovské in the town of Moravské Lieskové. The concert included Slovak and foreign Christmas songs and carols.
- Performance – Christmas market in Trnava – 21 December 2016
Tirnavia presented a 45-minute programme on the Trinity square in Trnava as a part of the events during the Christmas market where Slovak and foreign Christmas songs and carols could be heard.
- Christmas concert in Trnava – St. Nicholas Basilica, Trnava – 22 December 2016
The Christmas concert was held in the St. Nicholas Basilica in Trnava again this year. Tirnavia performed at this concert in cooperation with an organist Stanislav Šurin with whom the choir premiered the composition “Malá vianočná kantáta” (Little Christmas Cantata) by Ľuboš Bernáth. Stanislav Šurin performed also some solo pieces and pieces to the accompaniment of a soprano soloist Alena Korekáčová. The choir performed also various Slovak and foreign Christmas songs and carols.